Fundraise: Fundraising Groundrules
- Donations are non-refundable, even if you or Buds to Blossoms cancel your plans to participate in the program or the program is postponed or cancelled. See our policies on Postponement, Rescheduling and Cancellations for more details on what happens in such cases.
- Donated funds received by Buds to Blossoms for your fundraiser may be used to cover your participation fees, airfares, lodging, background check, travel insurance and/or visa expenses, but not your other expenses.
- If you raise more than the amount needed to cover your participation fees, airfares, lodging, background check, travel insurance and visa expenses, you may request that the excess funds be held in reserve for up to one year to cover your costs to join another Buds to Blossoms program. If you do not make such a request or do not participate in the program again within a year, the excess funds are no longer earmarked for you, and they become part of Buds to Blossoms' general fund.
- Buds to Blossoms provides volunteers with personalized, customizable fundraising webpages on this website that are fully integrated with volunteers' accounts with Buds to Blossoms. For fundraisers volunteers run on other platforms, such as Facebook, gofundme.com, etc, Buds to Blossoms is not able to offer set-up assistance, linking to/integration with Buds to Blossoms' bank account or volunteers' Buds to Blossoms fundraising accounts or webpages, troubleshooting or technical support.
- Other fundraising platforms may have policies and procedures for disbursement of funds which create administrative challenges for Buds to Blossoms and prevent our receiving some or all of the funds donated through their platforms, so Buds to Blossoms does not guarantee that funds a volunteer raises through any other platform will be credited to the volunteer's Buds to Blossoms fundraising account.
- Also, read how the Stripe.com Service Fee, Tax Deductions and Donation Receipts work.
- In order to be reimbursed for participation fees, airfares, lodging, background check, travel insurance and visa expenses you pay for out of pocket, you must request reimbursement from Buds to Blossoms.
- You must provide a legible receipt for every expenditure for which you wish to be reimbursed. A price quote will not be accepted as a substitute for a payment receipt.
- Refunds and reimbursements will not be made for expenses related to fundraising activities.
- Refunds and reimbursements will only be made for expenses related to the volunteer program.
- No more than seven nights of lodging before the program begins and three nights after it ends may be reimbursed. Lodging expenses may only be reimbursed if the lodging is located in the city where the program takes place.
- Only airfares needed to travel between the city where the program is held and your country of residence within three weeks before the program starts or after it ends can be reimbursed. Airfares for travel to or from locations that are not on standard routes between the city where the program is held and your country of residence will not be reimbursed.
- Any expenses incurred by you or Buds to Blossoms when sending and receiving payments to your account with Buds to Blossoms or issuing refunds or reimbursements to you (including, but not limited to, bank fees for wire transfers, fees Stripe.com and paypal.com charge you or Buds to Blossoms when receiving or withdrawing payments, mailing expenses, stop payment fees for lost checks, and foreign exchange fees) are your responsibility and will not be refunded or reimbursed. These expenses will be deducted from the available funds in your account with Buds to Blossoms and from the amounts refunded or reimbursed to you.
- A refund or reimbursement may be issued as a check, cash, direct deposit, or electronic transfer, at Buds to Blossoms' discretion, regardless of how you made the payment that is being reimbursed.
- You may choose to wait until close to the deposit deadline of six months before the program starts to commit to specific program dates so you can see if you're able to raise enough funds to cover all your expenses before then. If you're not ready to commit until you raise enough funds, let us know you're only tentatively interested in certain dates when you apply for the program.
- If you're unable to raise all the funds you need to participate in your tentative program dates before the deposit deadline, you may let us know you wish to postpone participating so you can continue fundraising for future dates.
- If you apply for specific program dates without letting us know those dates are tentative, and you later wish to postpone, you must inform us of your decision to postpone by six months before the program starts. If you inform us less than six months in advance, any funds you raised or paid toward your deposit will be forfeited and must be covered again for the future dates you select. If you inform us less than four months before the program starts, any funds you raised or paid toward your participation fee will be forfeited and must be covered again for the future dates you select.